An essential participant in the survival of the human race, the honeybee, is dying. There are still so many pieces of the puzzle missing before researchers can decide on a course of action that would be most affective. However, there are plenty of ways to get involved in saving the honeybees.
- Plant! Provide the pollinators with a diversity of pollen sources.
- Avoid or limit pesticide use on your lawn and garden.
- Buy local. Support the beekeepers in your area and encourage safer farming practices by buying local organically grown goods.
- Push for policy change. Urge those in power to support the world’s pollinators.
- Donate! Donate to the Pollinator Partnership, a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping protect and promote pollinators here.